Concordia Bell Tower
This historic bell and tower was a feature of Concordia, the first Lutheran seminary and teacher training college in Victoria, established in Murtoa from 1890 to 1904.
In 1922 most of the remaining Concordia buildings in Murtoa were demolished, after the College was re-established in Adelaide, 1905. This bell tower was relocated above the entrance of Our Redeemer Lutheran Church in Warracknabeal.
A new church was built in Warracknabeal in 1976 so the bell tower was then removed and stored at a nearby Niewand farm for four years.
In 1980 the bell tower was moved to the new Lutheran College in Croyden, Melbourne.
The return of the bell tower
The bell tower made it back to Murtoa in 1989. As part of the Lutheran College Silver Jubilee celebrations, the bell tower was restored and located near the Water Tower Museum and unveiled by John Niewand on 6th May 1989.
Visitors to the Museum precinct today can ring the bell.